Monday, March 30, 2009

Lamp Love


Didn't realize it had been so long since my last post...but I'm back!


(Hi Lauren!)


So during my hiatus, I came across the lamp above at a salvage sale and the moment I saw it, I was in love. Like, oh-my-god-I-think-I'm-going-to-pass-out-from-the-sheer-giddiness-of -being-in-its-presence kind of love. It didn't have a lamp shade, but I didn't care. How difficult could it be to find a black lamp shade? (Turns out, pretty damn difficult.) Well after about 8 months of searching and asking and looking EVERYWHERE, I finally found what I was looking for. I had to buy an entire lamp - the base, the harp, the socket - to get the shade, but isn't She pretty?!


Hope your Monday was Mah-valous.

2 comments:

Lauren Bajwa said...

FINALLY! :) I love the lamp. Great find, great shade. Glad you're back! xoxo Lauren

Amee said...

me gusta! I can actually see you using that lamp with a funky teal lampshade too!!! I love it. It will def add some more character to ya'lls place. I haven't seen your place in a while actually!