Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 23 - Wednesday

So you know how sometimes you come across a moment that you could just live in?

Well, I wanted to live in this moment (from the movie "Reality Bites") in highschool. It found its way back to me this morning and funny that 10 years later and this scene still makes me giddy and smiley and silly...the way he says "I love her"... there's this quick, acute intake of breath that he just releases back with the words, I think without even realizing what he's just revealed. And then the look on her face...

(He doesn't know it yet, but mr. roshbosh is so watching this movie with me this weekend.)


Lelaina Pierce: I was really going to be somebody by the time I was 23.
Troy Dyer: Honey, all you have to be by the time you're 23, is yourself.
Lelaina Pierce: I don't know who that is anymore.
Troy Dyer: I do. And we all love her. I love her. She breaks my heart again and again. But I love her.


(This estrogen-laden moment is irreverently brought to you by mrs. roshbosh.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by far my favorite lines from that movie...i cannot even breathe every time i see that scene.